Dec 19, 2013

The Lord's Name is Sacred



"You must faithfully keep all my commands by obeying them, for I am the Lord. Do not treat my holy name as common and ordinary. I must be treated as holy by the people of Israel. It is I, the Lord, who makes you holy. It was I who rescued you from Egypt, that I might be your very own God. I am the Lord." (Leviticus 22:31-33)(NLT)

Apathy is one of the greatest enemies of worship. When we treat God's works as common and ordinary, we profane his holy name. When we recognize the greatness of God and his deeds, we give him true worship. Such worship enables God to accomplish his work in us, for it is the Lord who frees us from bondage and makes us holy. Let us never take God's love and deeds for granted but instead remember his kindness and praise him for our salvation.

MOST HIGH GOD, you are King over the heavens and the earth. You have saved us from our sin and the the powers of evil. Help us to recall your mighty works on our behalf, and transform us into holy vessels fit for your service. Amen.

(from the Praise and Worship Study Bible by Tyndale House Publishers)

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)