Nov 7, 2013

God is I AM


God replied, "I AM THE ONE WHO ALWAYS IS. Just tell them, 'I AM has sent me to you. '" 
(Exodus 3:14)(NLT)

When Moses asked God whom he should say sent him to the Hebrews, he surely was not prepared for the answer. "I AM" (usually rendered "the LORD") is a simple yet profound name expressing God's character. As he emphasized his unchanging nature, the Lord also recalled his covenant, for he identified himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. When Jesus referred to himself as "I am" (John 8:58), he was identifying himself with the Lord as well.

O LORD, we worship you, the great "I AM." We thank you for revealing yourself to your chosen people and for sending your Son to dwell among us. You are the God who was, who is, and who is to come. Praise be to your holy name. Amen.

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)