May 15, 2013

God Speaks Through His Glory


All around him was a glowing halo, like a rainbow shining through the clouds. This was the way the glory of the Lord appeared to me. When I saw it, I fell face down in the dust, and I heard someone's voice speaking to me. (Ezekiel 1:28)(NLT)

When Ezekiel saw the glory of the Lord, he fell face down in the dust. Then he heard the voice of God speaking to him. The order of these two events should be the model for all God's people as they seek his voice. First, we are exposed to God's glory as we come before him in humility. Then we hear his voice. In other words, as we come to know who God is and recognize our own limited understanding, we will learn to depend on his guidance for our life. Then we will be ready to hear God speak to us. Let us thank God for showing us himself and guiding us.

O GOD WHO SPEAKS TO US, reveal yourself to us. Humble us before you, and calm our heart so that we will listen expectantly for your voice. Speak to us, and show us your will for us so that we might please you. Amen.

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)