Oct 3, 2012

Lord I Lift Your Name On High


What does it mean to lift God's name on high? It means to praise Him for who He is. The prophet Habakkuk said, "His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with His praise" (Hab. 3:3), which gives us more than enough reason to lift His name on high. Rick Founds, the composer of this song, praises God for coming to earth, for dying, and for rising again. Through this praise song, Founds retells, in simple, brief form, the story of salvation. As you meditate on this song, praise God for who He is and for what He has done for you.

Lord, I lift Your name on high.
Lord, I love to sing Your praises.
I'm so glad You're in my life.
I'm so glad You came to save us.

You came from heaven to earth to show the way.
From the earth to the cross, my debt to pay.
From the cross to the grave,
From the grave to the sky;
Lord, I lift Your name on high.

(from the Praise and Worship Study Bible--Tyndale House)

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)