Dec 21, 2010

He Is Born Child Divine

We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose. (HCSB)(Romans 8:28)

Last Sunday night we had our Christmas musical and drama, "He is Born, Child Divine", here at Ridge Ave. Baptist Church. We had a good attendance, and I thought the performance went well. I want to say a special word of thanks to the Worship Ensemble for all their hard work including some long rehearsals in preparation for the musical. You did good, and I'm proud of you!

I also want to thank our set design and construction crew who did an awesome job, our audio/visual/light crew who kept us on cue, and our drama team and narrator who put the story together for us. I'm thankful and proud of our youth that stepped up and made this drama happen. We couldn't have done it without them and their dedication. We even had a real baby for Baby Jesus, little Easton. He was well behaved and so cute!

As we saw in the drama, sometimes our dreams and plans don't turn out the way we imagine. But God can take all of our hopes and make them into something far more beautiful and rewarding if we just trust in Him and follow Him with our lives.

Merry Christmas!
Joey Culpepper

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)