May 9, 2010

Thanks Mom!


Honor your father and mother--which is the first commandment with a promise-(Eph. 6:2)

To all of you mothers--Happy Mother's Day! My hat goes off to all of you. As a father, let me say that I don't know how in the world you mothers do all that you do for your families and retain your sanity. A mother's job is truly never done. I will admit that you deserve much more appreciation than you get.

A couple of years ago I wrote a song for my mom and sang it to her on mother's day. I'd like to share the lyrics with you in appreciation for all our mothers and what they mean to us.



Mom, I Thank You


(vs.1)Today's your day and I think back with a smile


at the things you'd say when I was just a child


like "Close your mouth and eat your food."


Boy I was so confused


but I learned it was smart not to talk back to you


(vs.2)You taught me lots of things like how to brush my hair


how to tie my shoes and that I shouldn't stare


You told me not to lie or say bad words


to say "Yes ma'am", "Yes sir"


to give thanks for my food and to always go to church






(chorus)Mom I thank you for your kindness and your generosity


thanks for all the times you picked me up


when I fell and skinned my knee


You showed by the way you lived your life


I should love my nighbor as myself


I thank God you didn't leave the Good Book on the shelf






(vs.3)Train up a child in the way that he should go


and he'll stay true even after he is grown


I didn't realize it then but I understand it now


Thank you mom for starting me on this path I walk down


(repeat chorus)

So let's take time while we still have it, to honor our mothers for all that they mean to us. If you're able to, give them a call or a visit and let them know how much they are appreciated and loved.




Singing His Praises,


Joey C.

Psalm 122:1

I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the Lord." (HCSB)